I take care of mum by :
- Having care plan meetings with the staff at bupa. Which includes talk about all aspects of mum's health plus normal daily living.
- Making sure she has clothes the right size. With the help of bupa and public trustee.
- Make sure I try and visit up to 3 times a week. Since I have 3 children under 7 it's hard to get out there daily, like I want.
- Try to turn up for all her events/parties out at bupa which Mum is involved with.
- Make sure her room is beautiful and cheerful and keeps her brain stimulated.
- Make sure there a things out there for the nurse to interacts with mum. Visitors book, communication book, poster board and family tree.
- Talk to any specialist when needed or go with her to her appointments.
- Read to mum Danielle steel book, which are her favourite books.
- Have a good chat with mum and tell her what is happening in our lives.
- Clean out her wardrobe and tidy her room when needed.
- Feed mum when I go to visit, if at meal/snack times.
- Attend exercise class when I can get in there.
I know it's my job as her daughter to be there for her and do anything she needs me to do. But when do I stop worrying about mum? I think about her all the time and wonder what I can do next. I stress about her safety all the time. I need to be actively involved in mum life and take care of her in my own way. I do try to be there for her as much as I can.
So I guess my question is-
When do I stop worry about mum?
Is this normal for a daughter who's mum has HD?
or Is it because it is just who I am in my heart?
Are you the same or have you been in my shoes? I would love to hear what you have to say.